According to US News, Gas prices reached a peak $2.41 this summer. As the summer winds down, the price will too. But if you’re in tight financial pinch, you’ll want to save money anywhere you can. Well my frugal friends, there is hope- you can squeeze some money at the pump.
- Handy-Dandy Smart Phone: It goes everywhere with you, pull it out and cruise some apps for gas stations- in the IPhone App store the first 3 are Gas Buddy, Fuelzee, and Gas Guru. Each of these will help you find the cheapest gas near you, all with slightly different benefits- pick the one best for you!
- Love Loyalty Cards: Some gas stations give you rewards and discounts for continually using them. Cumberland Farms has Smartpay, which is 10 cents off gas daily, takes directly out of your debit account, and requires no fees to begin. Irving rewards have a deal for every 50 gallons, you’ll get $0.10 off a gallon up to 20 gallons at your next fill up. Keep scoping out your favorite gas station for loyalty programs.
- Preventative Maintenance: Keep up with your general maintenance- regular oil changes, proper tire pressure and coolant flushes. This will keep your engine running smoother
- Good driving habits: Stay within the speed limit, try not to make sudden stops are stops, avoid heavily congested areas, and try to avoid using the air conditioner as it slightly east away at your MPG.
- Pre-Planning: look for shortest distance that you possibly take, also try and make more efficient trips like combining multiple shopping trips or errands into one.
- Bottom line- Travel less: carpool, use public transport, work from home, ride bike or walk.
- Go-Go Green Mobile! You may also want to consider a gas efficient vehicle. Well good news, we here at Quirk have some fantastic fuel efficient vehicles:
Well there you go- 6 Ways to squeeze out a little extra gas at the pump and go a little greener in the process! to